Sunday, May 11, 2014

My First Kitchenaid Experiment: Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

Last December, I was working a lot. I frequently worked 11 day stretches, taking time off only to go to my early Christmas (10 days prior to Christmas) or spend one day in 22 laying on my couch doing nothing.

Ten days prior to Christmas, I spent a night laughing with loved ones, opening gifts and watching children's eyes light up with excitement.  My siblings and parents put money together to buy me something that would have been helpful in the months of Saturday Cupcake Baking.

I was very, very excited when I opened up an beautiful, white Kitchenaid! The entire weekend, I randomly got excited because (as I would consistently shout) I OWN A KITCHENAID!



While my Kitchenaid has been used sparingly in the past year, it is still a wonderful, wonderful thing that I now OWN. It is mine. I do not have to register for it when I get married. I don't have to save money for one. I now OWN it and it is mine.



So 9 days after I opened my beautiful Kitchenaid, I decided to make something that I had been putting off for the year of making cupcakes.

Martha's 7-Minute Frosting was a daunting recipe by hand. So I had put it off for a long time.

NOW I OWN A KITCHENAID AND I DECIDED TO TRY IT.



I worked a double on Christmas last year (because why wouldn't I? I wasn't going anywhere if I needed to work and I gave my co-workers whom I had begun to care deeply for the day off) and we had no cook. I made cupcakes and vegetable lasagna. I made 7-Minute Frosting.

The cupcakes themselves were delicious. The frosting was tasty, though a bit strange in texture. I still ate two. Because I can do what I want on Christmas!

They were beautiful. And moist. And part of a not-so-bad Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment