Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Note on Confusion and Disappointment: Chocolate Cupcakes and PB Cream Cheese Frosting

I spent the past 4 years watching the NFL Superbowl with CollegeRoommate.

In 2008, we watched the Giants pummel the Patriots in our freshman college dorm room eating too much Wings Over Worcester and fighting over whose team was best. (Clearly, I don't care if it was a pummeling or not, I love the Giants.)

In 2009, 2010, and 2011, I have no idea what we did. I was less interested. We graduated that year, and the next year, 2012, we were brought together for a rematch. I met her at her childhood home and we drank legal margaritas and watched the Giants again pummel the Patriots. She (as a true New Englander) clearly is unhappy about my winnings.

This past year, we lived together again. Excitedly, I got the night off. And then disappointingly, she invited people I didn't know well into our home to watch a match we didn't care about. I made them mediocre cupcakes because they were requested.

I was deeply disappointed in the game. I was sort of upset that I didn't get my "dude-time." The game was a blow out (Ravens were killing the 49ers). The halftime show was wonderful. The lights went out in the dome. I fell asleep before the game ended, missing the exciting part of the game (the 49ers were coming back at the Ravens).



The cupcakes weren't great. Nor was the night.

I owe myself more "dude-time" and better cupcakes next year. I'm going to force it.

No comments:

Post a Comment