Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Pinterest Experiment: Candy Corn Cookies

Moving into my new apartment, I was left alone quite a lot. CollegeRoommate had started dating a new girl and I was a morning person working 3 to 11.

Due to this new location, lack of things to do and people to hang out with, an introvert like myself spent a lot of time on the internet. And Pinterest was just the right kind of place for me to spend time because I could daydream about things I wanted to do, constantly be distracted by pretty pictures, and forget that I was lonely.

In an effort to make friends and also waste some time, I decided to try something I found on Pinterest. But unfortunately, I am a realist/pessimist who doesn't believe that the recipe would be perfect. So I tried to resort to Martha for her Sugar Cookie Recipe. (Now that it's been a year, I don't think I'll offend her by telling you all that I used a different recipe)

And due to the fact that I had a whole jar of Pumpkin Spice spice, I decided to make my cookies festive.

I bought food dye.

I tried to equally separate the dough into three parts.

I changed the color and dyed my fingers all colors of orange and yellow.

I smooshed the first layer into the 8x8 pan. Then the second. Then the third.

Then I tried really hard to wait. I let it sit in the fridge overnight.

When I pulled it out (wax paper was key), I was able to cut it into cute triangles.



It ended up adorable, delicious, and perfectly wonderful for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment