Monday, April 2, 2012

It Did Not Catch Fire: Pineapple Amaretto Cupcakes

The choice was not mine.  Like many things in life, I could not find something that interested me this week, so I let someone else choose.  I also made them on Sunday instead of Saturday.  The chosen cupcake included liquor I don’t care for, with many kinds of almonds, and pineapple.  The gentleman chooser has since decided that he is most definitely allergic to almonds. 



It was a fun new thing to try though. Although, if I could go back and do things over, I’d make sure my amaretto could flambé and the pineapple was ready before I warmed up the sugar.  You live, you learn.  I did get to try the amaretto my aunt made me for Christmas once though. 



They were topped with really plain whipped cream, so we added a little vanilla and some sugar.  Had I not been afraid that he was allergic to almonds, I probably would have halved the vanilla and added a little bit of almond extract, but anaphylactic shock is scary to me. 



They look pretty.  Not as pretty as Martha’s, but I can handle this.  I also ran out of time.  So many problems.  But they were nice to look at.  


1 comment:

  1. Psh, anaphylactic shock is laughable. No big deal. (Those look taaaasty.)

    ReplyDelete