Saturday, April 21, 2012

Back to Creating: German Chocolate Cupcakes


I’ve been quite busy, in case you didn’t notice.  And the last update was about how burnt out I’ve been feeling.   So I’ve been looking for new things to do, ways to help change the world.  I am pushing uphill to try to feel more and feed people less.  But cupcakes are still a way that I’ve been feeding people. 

Living near a real German woman has made me question things.  Like how to say streusel.  She started yelling at me in German on Easter because I said it a certain way.  I still haven’t found out what she was shouting at me.  I also question why these are called German Chocolate cupcakes.  But I made them.



The batter was tasty, but I don’t really like coconuts.  Or pecans.  But I toasted the pecans myself.  And I made the Coconut-Pecan frosting.  They were well-recieved.  Some people, smart people, actually knew what they were.  Otherwise I was left mumbling things about Germans and chocolate and coconut and nut allergies. 



Perhaps I could have cut a little neater, dried the frosting a bit more, strategically places the pecans to show the beauty of the frosting, but I figured they were meant to be eaten.  And my sister agreed, even if she doesn’t like coconut either.  (Could it be genetic?)



I made some more streusel cupcakes on Easter.  I played with puppies.  I played with twin babies.  And I made some pretty delicious food in the past few weeks.  I think I might be switching to cookies when I feel burnt out again.  I might be able to handle that.  We’ll see.  This week, I’ll be watching All American Rejects instead of baking.  Woo! Eighth grade all over again!  (Meet Rosie! :)) 


1 comment: