Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day!: Brown Sugar Poundcake Cupcakes

My mother is about three-quarters Irish.  What we inherited in the Irish is a propensity for heavy drinking, being loud, and getting rosy.  I have very little Irish pride.  Sometimes I’m told I look Irish, but I think that’s just the dark hair and freckles.  I don’t even have the light eyes that look Irish.  But on St. Patrick’s Day, what good is no pride?  So, I made some delicious cupcakes for the day. 

They were brown sugar pound cake cupcakes.  Pretty delectable.  It was a Bailey’s Irish Cream Frosting.  It was SCRUMPTIOUS.  (I ate some at work with Girl Scout Shortbread Cookies and graham crackers.)  All in all, I created a cupcake that I enjoyed whole-heartedly. 

I made a stencil.  Then Matt made a better one.  So I stenciled four cupcakes and dusted the rest with the sugar because I was much too lazy to try to do them on every cupcake.  ALSO, work.  It sneaks up on you sometimes (every Saturday) and I had to wash my hair (because I rarely do). 



My sister said that these were number two best cupcakes (with my sense of taste).  She likes the birthday Streusel cupcakes a little bit better.  Success!

(Do I employ the use of parentheses too much? It’s the way I think, I swear.)

1 comment: