Saturday, March 3, 2012

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag! (to me!): Streusel Cupcakes

I turned twenty-three a few weeks ago.  I decided to open the restaurant in order to get out and drink a large margarita.  Why in the world would this ever be a good idea, you ask? It wasn’t.  I had forgotten my birthday was the weekend after a Tuesday Valentine's Day.  I had forgotten that it was February break in the Capital area. I had forgotten I WOULD NEVER GET OUT. But I made myself some breakfast cupcakes so that I could enjoy the cupcakes on my birthday.



Although I’m not German, these were delicious! The base was soft and moist, the top was crunchy and sweet and crumbly.  And if I had waited for the glaze to dry to take the picture, it would have been white and beautiful.  



They were messy in the pan because I didn’t give a butt at all.  My dad had come to visit for his and my birthday, so I had very little time. No one seemed to mind that they were messy.



 I was also given a donut to start the day from Lisa. With a candle. What a lovely human being.



And then some people from work made me a beautiful old-lady cake. It’s the thought that counts and I love them all.



And then Bomber’s gave me a free margarita! YUM! My sister even came out to celebrate with me.  She’s a champ because she woke up six hours later to save lives.



Also, I missed the week after my birthday for a party in MA.  These week’s cupcakes will be posted eventually.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment