Wednesday, November 20, 2013

An Experiment with the Same Desired Outcome: Pumpkin Spice Streusel Cupcakes

It was pretty much a year ago when I made these.

The only thing going through my mind was a prayer that went something like this:
             "Pleasepleaseplease let these come out okay. Please let Brenna's intelligence rub off on me and teach me how to add something new to a beloved recipe without messing it up to the point of garbage. Please let these people love these baked goods so much they don't mind me hanging around."

I had decided to take the streusel cupcakes that I loved so much (that I had made more than once in the year prior) and change it. I wanted to White-Girl-Loving-Fall it up, yo! Because who doesn't love a pumpkin spice caramel latter with whipped cream and caramel drizzle?! (News: I don't. Shudder.)



I went to Trader Joe's and found a Pumpkin Spice spice. I figured that I could find a recipe that called for it. I was too lazy. I figured, the streusel cupcakes were so damn good, I would try to bring them to another level. I tried. I was told it worked.

I then packaged them up neatly in an old pizza box and brought them to make friends. They were gone before I fell asleep.



Strangely enough, those friendships and these cupcakes were gone and forgotten almost by the time a year had passed.

I frequently fail at making friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment