Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A New Home Deserves Baked Goods: Cinnamon Rolls in Shrewsbury

A little more than a year ago, I pulled up my roots that had grown in upstate NY and decided to turn my world upside down, pull my Dansko shoes off, and move to MA to do something with that Clark University BA in Psychology degree that I felt I had worked so hard for (read: SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY ON).

I put all my faith in College Roommate and moved to an apartment I had never seen. My parents moved me in, dropped off my UHaul, bought me essentials and dinner, and left me alone (let's not talk about the visitation rate in Shrewsbury in over a year: ONCE).

I spent the first few days pretty much alone without cable, internet, or a couch. College Roommate already had her job in Worcester and I was waiting to hear back from HelpTheWorld job and waiting for a new week to begin at the restaurant.



What could a bored baker do but somehow make SOMETHING? Keep in mind, uprooting myself meant I left behind all the "shared" baking goods (read: all equipment) because it didn't belong to me.



What I managed to make was delicious and then posted to Instagram (hello, white girl) using Panera or Dunkin wifi due to the fact that I had nothing but hipster music, tea, and an electric kettle.


No comments:

Post a Comment