Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Add Chocolate and We Have a Turtle: Cashew Caramel Cookies

(Technically the title is wrong.  You need pecans for a turtle.  The Melting Poop has invaded my brain!)

There has been a lot of change in my life.  I went from cupcakes to cookies.
I quit the job that I felt crazy comfortable in.
I took a new job that will have me working at two restaurants in a new city.
I still work at the job that I've been complaining about since I got it, but I now feel more comfortable being at.
I have been too lazy to not end my sentences with prepositions.

But I made a new cookie.  My sister said, "THEY WERE TOO SWEET."  My brother-in-law ate four.  They were gone quite quickly on my last "Baked Goods Saturday" at Melting Poop.



I do hope that people in Saratoga enjoy sweets as much as they did at Melting Poop!


Makes about three dozen? Sort of?

1.  Mix 1.66666666 cups all-purpose flour and .5 tsp salt.  Coarsely chop 1 cup of roasted, salted cashews and set aside.  In a food processor, finely chop 1.5 cup cashews roasted and salted.  Pour in 2 Tbsp and 1 tsp canola oil until creamy.
2.  Put cashew mixture, 1 stick unsalted butter, .75 cup light brown sugar, and .5 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl.  Mix until fluffy.  Add one egg and 1 tsp vanilla.  Preheat oven to 350.  Gradually mix in flour mixture and dry, dropped cashews.
3.  Drop cookies onto parchment paper, gently flatten, bake for about 10 to 13 minutes.

Melt seven oz of soft caramel candy cubes with .25 cup heavy cream.  Let cool.  Drizzle over cookies.  Let set.

No comments:

Post a Comment