Saturday, July 21, 2012

They Taste Like Thanksgiving: Applesauce Spice Cupcakes


I’m not going to lie.  I didn’t try these. At all. 
I am unimpressed with the spices that I added, even if I added them correctly.   
I am unimpressed with everything but the applesauce.  I found an unsweeted, organic apple sauce from Vermont in my grocery store.   



I trust my loved ones enough to tell you that they seemed fine.  They ate the whole thing willingly and my sister didn’t complain that they were too dry. 
I trust the honesty of acquaintances that eat three in one sitting.  Another co-worker ate two.   My boss ate the entirety of one and said she doesn’t normally. 
I have faith in the statement that these were tasty enough to eat, not just because you’re hungry.

If I don’t like something, I don’t need to do it or eat it to see for myself if I have this much evidence.  I was there.  I smelled them.  I tasted the frosting.  I took their pictures.  I knew them, even if only a little. 

The frosting was a huge hit.  I don’t like cream cheese.  I particularly didn’t like this frosting because I couldn’t make it pretty.  Maybe it wasn’t totally the frosting’s fault, and it was the fault of the heat wave, but I still was mad. 



I will end this update with, “They taste like Thanksgiving.” My brother-in-laws only real comment while stuffing his face. 

Also, I ran out of cupcake wrappers.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment