Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sinfully Delicious Devil's Food Cupcakes

Many questions asked this week.

Why do all the good toppings of the salad hide on the bottom?
Why do people judge that I hate salad dressing?
Why are avocados on sale for $1 this week?
How in the world are there “hungry seasons” in other countries when the US is obese?
Why is chocolate soooo delicious? Sinfully so?

I have discovered the answer without a doubt to the last question.  Because it is the Devil’s Cake.  Devil’s Food Cupcakes to be exact.



This is what I’ve made.  It had sour cream in it.  It is still delicious. They were a bit boring though, so I color coded them. 



Again, the frosting was a bit bitter and I didn’t allow it enough time to set.  Sometimes hours just sneak by you without you even noticing, don’t they?  I did, however, bring them in and they got gobbled up.  My sister and I believed them to be a little too dry, but the batter was delish.  Wasn’t gunna fight it when it got all over my hands and there was a cupcake worth of frosting left in my scoop.  Oops.  I do not condone eating raw egg, my Sonja would be proud, but man, do I understand it. 

A fun fact in this experience so far: mistakes happen.  A wise mandrill (or creepy little monkey) once said, "you can either run from it, or... learn from it."  I hit one of these cupcakes with my oven mitt on and the other one I dropped in the frosting.  That one stayed at home to be eaten.  So, be more careful while moving the cooking cupcakes and hold on a little harder.  



Also, I made a special one for Kayla who took her birthday weekend off.  It’s one of the options Martha says to use, so I employed it.  Adorable. Happy birthday, Miss Kayla.


Also, if you noticed, these are not going up weekly.  I am lazy and busy and work two jobs.  Last Saturday, I didn't even get to make anything because we went home to visit my sick grandmother, my very pregnant older sister, my little nieces, and my parents.  Lots of things to do.  I did, however, make a delicious apple crisp from Joy the Baker a while ago.  Here is an unattractive picture of said apple crisp with Stewart's Philly Bean Vanilla ice cream.  


1 comment:

  1. Dear Laura,

    I love your blog. I especially love that you quoted Rafiki. And that there's a silly photo of your dad. And that you made a "that's what she said" joke. And how you compare cupcakes to life a lot. This whole blog is just so entirely YOU and it makes me miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete