Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gingerbread Cupcakes and Being a Maneater

Nelly Furtado’s bass bumpin’ hit Maneater comes to mind with these cupcakes.  Sadly, it hasn’t been true lately for me.  This week though was the first Saturday in December so I was officially allowed to pretend Christmas is next week.  (We still haven’t gotten our tree yet.  That is a sad sad fact.) I did however make a wondddderful advent calendar! Christmas time!!



My addition to my baking products is a mini holiday cookie cutter set.  They are super cute.  I still think that “gingerbread women” are stiffed in terms of their looks.  But I’ll let it go because they were so damn cute.

Martha says that gingerbread “is the most recognizable Christmastime flavor.”  Sadly, I never ate good gingerbread cookies growing up.  I was actually quite against them, but I know that I like some good iced ginger snaps, so I decided to try this recipe.  I did not, however, have time to make royal icing for their buttons.  I also think I might have had cookies that were smaller than Martha’s.  And I did the frosting all wrong.  But that’s life, and sometimes it works out.   This week, it did. 



The cupcakes were delicious and moist and everything that I don’t like about gingerbread cookies!  The cookies were fresh and delicious and I have three huge balls left over of dough, even after extra on the side.  I really want to make these again, but they are definitely only winter cupcakes (in my mind at least) and I have a long time before I can make as I wish.  Also, Frank wasn’t allowed to eat them because we discovered that nutmeg is a type of tree nut.  He was angry as a gingerbread man without legs.  

Also, fun fact: I'm doing a triathlon! See the book in the back? Yup. I won't have legs.  I'll be angry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment