Saturday, February 4, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things: Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cupcakes

There are something that are just plain wonderful.

·         January days that you can hang your sheets out and have clean sheets that smell like childhood.
·         Weekends where your dad shows you how hard it will be to find a man to marry.
·         Having milk to put into you black tea, especially when you thought you were out of it.
·         Having a friend bring in a delicious, wonderful cupcake on a Saturday.
·         Having a real meal for the first time in at least two weeks.
·         Warm apple crisp with your favorite vanilla ice cream. Again.
·         Chocolate mixed with peanut butter.

Sometimes all of these things can go wrong.  In order: it can be a real winter, you have to work when your dad comes up, the milk’s bad, the cupcake is bad, you hate the company you’re with, you don’t have ice cream, and you don’t read the recipe.  Now, on this list, the only thing that went wrong was the chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes. 



I failed Martha.  I did not listen.  First, I doubled the recipe.  I think this would have been fine to do.  Proportions worked out fine.  But then I neglected to read what she wrote! I did two tablespoons of chocolate batter with one tablespoon of peanut butter.  Then, a little more than halfway through, I read the directions thoroughly.  I made 9 of the 24 correctly.  They came out beautiful.  BUT! They also came out a little burnt.  How can I fail you twice, Martha?!  I’m so sorry. 



On a good note, all of the cupcakes were eaten.  I also brought in frosting.  Store-bought, so I couldn’t add it myself for my co-workers.  A lot of people didn’t add it anyway.  They were better with a glass of milk. 



I have to try them again.  Probably just one portion of them for the next round.  Make them correctly.  Swirl them more.  Make sure to not burn them.  Although I can’t deny the good ones came out lookin’ gooooood.


1 comment: