Sunday, February 19, 2012

Through the Candy Cane Forest: Marble Cupcakes!

This week I swirled and twirled and gumdropped (??) my cupcakes to marble the insides like a statue. I mixed the yellow batter with the chocolate batter and baked to perfection! I feel like an evil, mad genius Buddy the Elf!  (This paragraph makes very little sense...buuuut, cupcakes!)



I altered my cupcakes.  Many changes (just two).  The important things were making more and making frosting. I doubled the recipe.  It yielded only 16! How can a recipe only make 16?! I mean, I eat one (minus the amount of batter I eat which is approximately more than one…), leave two for sister and brother-in-law, possibly for more people that are in my house.  I would only bring 12 to work? Psht. So, I made 32.

 And even though Martha said, “Dust with powdered sugar and you’ll be fine.”


I disagreed.  I wanted frosting.  So I made Swiss Meringue Buttercream frosting. 



I did not, however, allow for the frosting to get as stiff as I’d like (that’s what she said). So, it looks a little runny.  Maybe if it was a birthday of someone I really liked I would have dyed it their favorite color.  And worked a little harder.  Maybe I should have saved the cupcakes for another week, but I wanted to make something I liked.  So I did.



A few problems (just one really).  Unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa is pretty bitter.  But I can deal if it’s going to be so delicious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment